Want to give your listing a rest over the holidays? Think that nobody will want to buy property at Christmas-time? Here are 11 Reasons to List During the Holidays.
1. People who look for a home during the Holidays are more serious buyers. They are more motivated to find a home fast.
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you!
3. Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home! Less demand means less money for you.
4. Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays. The extra pizzazz can help your property pop.
5. Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays. That makes them more likely to pay your price!
6. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays. More days off work means more time looking for a house.
7. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons!
8. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until Spring to buy, you must be on the market now to capture that market!
9. You can capture the best of both worlds. You can still be on the market, but you have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days during the Holidays!
10. You can sell now and move later. Get under contract now for more money and we will provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year!
11. By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money. This will allow you to sell high and buy low!